Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
- You may not have anything to eat or drink for six (6) hours prior to the appointment. A small amount of water may be taken for pre operative medications
- No smoking for 48 hours after surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear acrylic “false” nails on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Drs. Swearingen and Breit prior to your surgical date for instructions.